PR & Communications Associate
– Level: Junior / Associate.
– Salary Band: £28,000 – £35,000
Zamna is an award-winning VC backed software company, which was identified by IBM Security as a GDPR compliant Identity-as-a-Service for the aviation industry. It is a blockchain-based Identity Management Platform, which allows airlines to verify passenger identity prior to arriving at an airport. Our goal is to be the most successful company you’ve never heard of – invisibly facilitating passenger experiences such as seamless travel, allowing you to move through airports without your passport leaving your pocket and simply making queues a thing of the past.
Zamna recently received a $5 million seed round investment from Venture Capital firms including LocalGlobe, Oxford Capital, FOMCAP, CyLon and Seedcamp. We are an IATA One ID Strategic Partner, Disruptor of the Year Finalist @ the 2020 London Business Awards, UK Business Tech Awards Winner 2019 and holder of a coveted Oxford University Innovation Award. We have been featured extensively in the media, including in TechCrunch, CityAM, The Times, BBC, Bdaily, Financial Times, Forbes, PassengerTerminal.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- Proven working experience in PR or journalism required with a demonstrable track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns both nationally and internationally.
- A demonstrable ability to use language to translate complex technical concepts into compelling and clear narratives to non-technical readers.
- Strong relationships with high level business and industry media outlets with specific connections to outlets focusing on aviation, cyber-security, identity and blockchain preferred.
- Experience representing a fast-growing startup either in-house or as part of an external agency ideally with an understanding of what impactful PR means within the specific context of a venture-backed business.
- Experience managing social media and personal brand-building on LinkedIn.
- Exceptional written communication skills with an ability to articulate the position of an organisation from multiple, sometimes competing, standpoints with ease and skill.
- Exceptional verbal communication skill with a particular understanding of how to effectively communicate with journalists.
- High level of personal excellence and attention to detail demonstrated through every piece of written work produced.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and an unwavering ability to work well under pressure without compromising on quality.
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews.
- Hard working and logical thinker who enjoys a challenge and thrives when busy.
- Experience in and/or aptitude towards pitching technical pieces to media outlets, with an ability to grasp enough into technical concepts to have real understanding.
- A very quick learner, swiftly grasping complex concepts and ideas with an ability to rapidly turn them into compelling written work with an ability to rapidly switch contexts and work on multiple pieces / pitches at the same time.
- Ability to work proactively with minimal supervision, having developed high autonomy in their work – a decision maker, not an order taker.
- A genuine love for the written word and an ability to copyright for materials needed for external consumption eg. docs, website copy etc, not just for PR.
- Execute on existing communications plan whilst iterating it further including developing strategy, goals, budget and tactics.
- Efficiently and effectively define and execute a media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Coordinate all public relations activities with the goal of maximising both Zamna’s public profile and the CEO’s personal brand.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media to increase Zamna’s name-recognition within target spheres.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- Direct strategic social media use (predominantly LinkedIn) to engage audiences across traditional and new media.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships, awards and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders in key areas of aviation, cybersecurity, identity & blockchain to grow cross-industry awareness.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.