VP Digital Identity & Transformation
Minimum 10 years of airline / aviation industry experience required.
Zamna is an award-winning VC backed software company, which was identified by IBM Security as a GDPR compliant Identity-as-a-Service for the aviation industry. It is a blockchain-based Identity Management Platform, which allows airlines to verify passenger identity prior to arriving at an airport. Our goal is to be the most successful company you’ve never heard of – invisibly facilitating passenger experiences such as seamless travel, allowing you to move through airports without your passport leaving your pocket and simply making queues a thing of the past.
Zamna recently received a $5 million seed round investment from Venture Capital firms including LocalGlobe, Oxford Capital, FOMCAP, CyLon and Seedcamp. We are an IATA One ID Strategic Partner, Disruptor of the Year Finalist @ the 2020 London Business Awards, UK Business Tech Awards Winner 2019 and holder of a coveted Oxford University Innovation Award. We have been featured extensively in the media, including in TechCrunch, CityAM, The Times, BBC, Bdaily, Financial Times, Forbes, PassengerTerminal.
The role will focus on Zamna’s current strategic growth plans working collaboratively across commercial strategy, product development, industry partnerships, and business development. The principal purpose of this role is to drive, build and expand relationships across industry bodies and future customers including but not limited to airports, airlines, and regulators in order to secure future clients, build Zamna’s reputation as a thought leader in the aviation identity space and to gain market traction.
This role will work with the company’s Chief Commercial Officer to deliver strategic imperatives critical in supporting commercial activity. Areas such as industry relations, senior relationship management, and articulation of industry transformation aligned with Zamna’s product plans will be key. Furthermore, this role will work closely with the company’s CTO and Head of Product to further develop and enhance the company’s go-to-market strategy, product roadmaps, and product positioning to maximise industry alignment with a view to delivering greater speed in the conversion of commercial opportunities.
Our Chief Commercial Officer leads our overall commercial strategy, targeting airline C-suite and delivering short and long term revenue opportunities and our Head of Government and Regulatory Affairs leads full time on government relations. This role will interface closely with our Head of Product who is currently supporting the CTO on product development. Significant experience within (or interfacing with) airlines and the aviation industry at a senior level is essential.
The VP of Digital Identity & Transformation will join up our product, government and commercial strategies. The remit is primarily concerned with building, expanding and managing industry & stakeholder relationships – including airports, airlines, regulators, technology vendors, industry bodies, plus maximising our inputs and outcomes with IATA, OneID, ACI and ICAO. Working with the CCO you will focus on senior airline relationship building, and articulating our overall vision and value in the identity space.
Strategy & Product Development
- Work with the CEO and wider leadership team to continue to develop and evolve the company’s external profile – with a clear and concise message in the market about what Zamna can achieve for customers, and industry regulators – tell and sell the story in a compelling way to a wide audience across the aviation and identity ecosystems.
- Work closely with the company’s CEO, CCO and wider leadership team to deliver the short and long-term commercial goals and deliver industry positioning and product roadmap to achieve tangible success.
- Support CTO in product development/concepts including development of product materials/messaging/product marketing (aimed at both industry stakeholders e.g. OneID and prospective customer e.g. Airlines/Airports)
- Tangibly raise the profile of the company with potential customers, airports, airlines, industry bodies, regulators, governments and investors ensuring internal and external alignment across the company’s commercial <> government <> operational teams.
- Extensive networking and building of relationships with decision makers, key industry influencers and wider stakeholders (including other suppliers to the aviation industry as well as big tech / consultancies such as IBM, AWS, Accenture etc).
- Internally and externally develop and plan new pilot programmes to demonstrate the value of Zamna’s offering and technology to prospects and target customers.
- Work with the CCO to plan commercial approaches, pitches and where required participate in negotiations.
- Support the translation of Zamna’s technology principles in commercial conversations, particularly in pre-sales scenarios to support the CTO/Head of Product.
- Deliver market-leading thought leadership in the areas of identity and digital transformation – working with partners and industry stakeholders for maximum impact.